- 1 cup Inner Being Jowar Rava Upma (125gms)
- 1teaspoon of clarified butter(ghee)
- 1teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1teaspoon urad dal
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1teaspoon chopped green chilli
- 1 cup of par-boiled vegetables (green peas/carrot/French beans)- anything of your choice
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Juice of one lemon
Heat ghee in a pan, add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
When the mustard seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté them over low flame for 10-15 seconds.
Add the onions and green chilies and sauté them over medium flame for 1 minute.
Add the par-boiled vegetables and sauté it over medium flame.
Add the jowar rava and sauté it well for 2 minutes with the vegetable mixture.
Add 2 cups of room temperature water to the jowar mixture while stirring it continuously. Cover the pan with a lid and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
Remove the lid, you will observe the grain has absorbed the water and appears like a mushy mixture. Turn off the gas.
Garnish with fresh coriander and lemon juice and serve it hot. Visit website for more nourishing & exciting recipes.